Have we mentioned how much we love to connect with you AND offer giveaways? We’re looking forward to that during our Mom’s Night Out and Launch Party later this month. Until then, this Thursday we’d love for you to join us and our 35+ Sister Sites for the City Moms Blog Network (CMBN) second annual Favorite Things Twitter Party. You’ll have a chance to win some fun prizes from great brands! Last year’s party was trending on Twitter (it’s kind of a big deal), and we want to see Portland-area moms winning some of the prizes this year!
If you’ve never done a Twitter party before, see below for all the details. Join the party wearing yoga pants at home, or gather with a few friends, wine and apps to make it even more fun. Hope to “see” you there!
~ City Moms Blog Network Favorite Things Twitter Party ~
Date: April 9
Time: 7 p.m. PDT
Never attended a Twitter Party before? Here’s a Twitter Party Guide for Beginners:
- Sign up for a free Twitter Account. If you don’t have one already, go to Twitter and get a free account. Click the yellow “Sign Up” button found on the right side of your screen. Twitter will then take you through the process of creating a new account. (To join a Twitter party or chat, you must NOT make your account protected/private, but rather accessible to everyone.)
- Familiarize yourself with Twitter. Follow some of your friends or people/organizations you are interested in (Start by following @CityMomsBlog and @PDXMomsBlog). Send a few tweets, see how your timeline updates with new posts once you start to follow others.
- Follow the Party Host : @CityMomsBlog
- Follow the Party Hashtag : #CMBNFavThings2015. The hashtag is the key to this party. Think of it as a keyword (or phrase). Without it, this Twitter party won’t work. Each attendee must include #CMBNFavThings2015 in each tweet sent in order to be “seen” and included in the party. Without it, your tweet is just a tweet and won’t be recognized as being part of the Twitter party. You might also consider using TweetChat to focus just on the conversation happening around our party. To make it easy, TweetChat will automatically add the #CMBNFavThings2015 party hashtag for you. Otherwise, you can search for the hashtag through the Twitter search feature, but this will require refreshing your browser to see the most recent tweets that use that hashtag.
- Have Fun! Don’t worry about trying to view every tweet. Just sit back, say what’s on your mind, explore the brands being discussed and have fun!
- How to Win. Throughout the hour long party, we’ll be devoting 2-3 minutes to each participating brand. During that portion of the party, we encourage all attendees to tag the specific brand we’re highlighting and tell us what you think about their products, if you’re familiar with them or not. Anyone that engages in conversation by tagging the sponsor and using our event hashtag, will be automatically entered for your chance to win that specific brand giveaway.