I am Karys, and I am taking over my mom’s post this month for Mother’s Day. Each and every child loves their mom more than any other mother on earth, which proves that, technically, every mom is the best mom on earth to their kid, and every kid is the best to them!
My mom is the best mom for me. I know that my mom is working as hard as she can to be the best mom. Even if she wasn’t working as hard as she is, she would still be the best mom on earth to me, and I love my mom more than anything.
Here are some different ways you can be the best mom for your kids:
- Try to kiss your kids goodnight before they go to bed. When my mom kisses me good night, it makes me have good dreams, and I know that my mom is always there looking out for me.
- If your kids are sad, let them tell you what is going on. Once you know the problem, try to fix it. Helping your kids fix their problems makes your kids feel more protected by you, and lets them know that you can help them with their problems.
- Take mommy-child dates. Time alone with my mom reminds of when it was just me, my pets, and my dad and mom. I love my little sister a lot, but sometimes I just need time to hang out with my family without her.
- Every once in a while, let your kids have conversations with their friends without your input. This lets them know that you trust them. If my friends and I are talking and my mom comes to pick me up, I like it when she lets me finish talking to my friends without interrupting. If you give your kids a little bit of space, it helps them feel independent. Then they will come to you only if their problem is big.
- Figure out what’s important to your kids and do that. I asked my mom over and over again to let me take acrobatics classes, and she finally signed me up. Now I have a lot of fun doing what I really love. Try to give your child a chance to do what they love, too.
Don’t worry if you aren’t the same kind of best mom!
Even if you don’t do these exact things, you will find a way to be a great mom with your own skills. No matter what, you can always find a few ways to make sure your kids are happy. Remember that you’re the best mom to your kids, because your kids love you, no matter what.
P.S. If you want advice, come to my mom. I think she’s pretty good at this mom stuff.
Karys is eight years old and in second grade. She loves the Harry Potter series, and she hopes she can some day be as good of a writer as J.K. Rowling. This is her first published piece of writing, but she has written lots more pieces at school and at home. When she’s not writing, she loves doing aerial yoga and acrobatics, playing softball, and playing with her best friend, Addison, and her little sister, Saryn.