Here are some fun facts and favorites you may want to know or keep in mind when considering moving to or visiting southeast Portland.
Where to Eat
- PDX Sliders
- Saburos Sushi Where there is always a line around the building!
- Papa Haydn They have an amazing patio in the summer, their food is good, but their dessert is THE BEST!
- Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) This place has an amazing kids section and a great food and beer menu. The pretzel sticks are fabulous!
- Kati Thai This is a vegan spot but even my non vegan friends LOVE it. It’s amazing!
- Screen Door
- Pine State Biscuits
- Killer Burger
- Teote They have lots of seating, a fabulous back patio with bar and fire pit, and delicious food.
Sweets and Treats
- The Playground Gym
- Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation A train museum with real train rides!
- Wunderland Arcade and Theatre This is technically in Milwaukie, but it’s really close to southeast Portland (proper) neighborhoods.
- Community Centers We have loved the classes at the Sellwood Community Center and the Mt. Scott Community Center where they also have a great pool.
- Aladdin Theatre Great for a date night without kids with year-round entertainment.
- Mt. Tabor With a park and trails, it has a great view of the city!
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden This is a beautiful, year-round park is a fun place to feed the ducks.
- Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge Trail
- Powell Butte This has some of the best east-side hiking trails.
- Sellwood Park
- West Mooreland Nature Park
- Reed College Canyon
- Farmer’s Markets